Friday, November 8, 2013

Back after a break!






It has been a couple weeks or so since I posted last... I was SO sick for at least a week and it was horrible. I would wake up with a pounding headache, a burning throat, runny nose, you name it. I didn't want to leave my bed! So for about 7-8 days I didn't work out AT ALL. Then that Saturday I worked out... then didn't for a couple days .. then did one day.. then didn't for a few more days... lol.

So, in the past 2 weeks roughly I've gotten in about 3 workouts. I don't feel bad about it because I was sick and there was no way I was going to do it. Plus I've been eating well, and that's a huge factor.

There was a few days though where I was feeling really guilty, and feeling like I had ruined all I had worked for... feeling a little depressed, etc. But I got over that. You have to forgive yourself and be realistic and understand the fact that sometimes your body just needs a  little break. So, the night before last I got in a workout, then I set my alarm for 5:30a.m. and worked out again before work yesterday. That felt AMAZING! Today I am off, and don't have anything at all going on other than bringing the kids to open skating later, so I plan on getting my work out in shortly after I finish this blog.. Getting back on track makes my mind & body both feel so great that I could never foresee quitting this for good. It's a lifestyle change for sure.

The elliptical workouts do feel a bit redundant and repetitive sometimes. I have snowshoes and plan on using them this winter. I am for SURE going to be taking the kids to the little ski hill to go sledding this winter as well! It is a phenomenal work out walking up & down that huge hill and it's super fun, which is obviously a huge bonus! lol.. I cannot WAIT for the snow to accrue so I can get sledding...

We've been ungodly busy lately, too. I have been busy with a few different organizations I'm involved in, and the kids have started figure skating and hockey this week. We will be spending a majority of our days each week at the ice rinks, which is good and fun.... but time consuming. I am hoping to get a pair of skates so I can skate too but I am a little nervous.. it has been at least 15 years I think since I skated last. But I'd love to get back into it! It'd be a great workout too.

I am holding off on my measurements for now. I typically measure and post my weight around the 27th of each month.  I had lost that 6 pounds in 2 weeks just before getting sick, and I should have taken my measurements then! hahah.. but I didn't. So, although I know I didn't ruin my progress by taking that bit of time off, I am just going to wait another week or two before taking measurements again.

One thing that has helped me feel motivated is people coming up to me and asking me how I'm losing weight. They kind of act like I'm losing an immense amount and it's baffling to see how they act about it, but I still don't see a  huge drastic change when I look in the mirror. I do see it when I'm trying on clothes though! The other day I went to JcPenney and tried a few things on and was SO HAPPY with how everything fit and how my reflection looked. Before starting all this I was starting to hate shopping because I hated the mirrors that showed every angle. hahah... I am hoping that by next spring/ summer I will be TOTALLY  ready for a new wardrobe!!! Exciting!!!

Aside from the sicknes, and my slacking off I don't have much else to report! I haven't been physically keeping track of each thing I eat on my 'my fitness plan' app either while I've been slacking. BUT I have been writing most things down and keeping track mentally. I do need to get back to tracking it on my app though because of course it's much more accurate. A few unaccounted  for calories can  make all the difference in how fast I'm losing.



I imagine the next blog I post will be my measurements and weight blog post around the 20th or so, unless something unexpected or exciting happens between now and then. In the meantime I'm going to devote my extra time to working out and tracking those cals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment