Wednesday, November 20, 2013

MEASUREMENTS & Being in a slump!!

I am in SUCH a slump with my working out!! I didn't believe the nutritionist when he said I would probably start to slow things down this time of year. I figured, No way.... I started working out in February when we still had snow... I'll totally keep up my pace when we get snow and cold weather again. And here I have only been working out 2 to 3 times a week for the past month! It started out with me having a really bad cold for about a week, and then I just never got as motivated since then.

The thing of it is, there's a lot of reasons or excuses, as to why I haven't been working out.
Working is NOT one of them. All summer I worked full time hours and still made time to work out almost daily.

During the school year I work part time hours. So, that's not an excuse at all.

* One of my reasons, to be flat out honest is..... I TOTALLY enjoy just relaxing with my family during the very very rare free time we have.

* Another reason, is that we are super busy, especially as soon as they get home from school.. Most days when the kids get home from school, they have time to do their homework and have a quick snack, then we have to get to the rink for skating or hockey. Once we're home, it's late and I have time to give them showers quick, make dinner, and get them to bed. And by that time, I'm pretty pooped myself.

* Despite being exhausted, the strange thing is that the past few days I have had ZERO luck sleeping. I think I slept a total of 7-8 hours in the past 3 nights. So I have been just a little irritable and tired. Yet, I've been spending my time when the kids are in school doing chores and running errands since there is ZERO time for any of that once they're home. I'm pretty sure that once I get my butt down stairs to work out I will sleep easier at night. I'm thinking maybe the lack of exercise is what's preventing me from being able to fall asleep as well.


Well, I don't know. Those are the reasons I'm not working out. I guess they can be looked at as excuses. I should MAKE time. But it's hard when I literally have no time except when they're in school, and even then it's like " OMG I have so much to do before they get home and we're busy for the rest of the day!". So, it's hard. But I do intend to find a way to figure it out and get  back to it.

Today I am not bringing the kids to open skating after school. They have gone almost every day for 2 weeks now, so I'm declaring it a 'stay at home' night. I'm planning to nap while they're in school, so when they get home I can slam some coffee and hit the elliptical. I am far too tired and crabby to care much about working out at this second.

I Should really nix my cleaning and errands when they're in school and work out instead.... I've done it before! lol.. only problem is, it's nice to have clean dishes and clothes. They don't make too much of a mess otherwise, but the dishes and the clothes pile up fast! :/






If anyone has any good tips or advice on how to re=motivate myself, and find/ make time that don't involve neglecting my kids or my house... PLEASE share!!!!!!



I almost forgot... I need to do my measurements!!!!!! :( I am SO not looking forward to this. The last time I took measurements was September 27th. I lost 6 pounds since then, but am not feeling super confident about my measurements with all of the slacking I've done this month!


LAST TIME SEPTEMBER 27, 2013

weight: 211

Waist: 37.5"

Hips: 48"

Neck:: 14"

Forearm over birthmark: 10.5"

Upper Arm: 13"

Calf, an inch below the knee, widest part: 17"

Mid thigh: 21"

Upper thigh: 26"

Body fat %: 49.16%


NOW:::::

Current Weight 205

Waist:  36.5"

Hips :  46"

Neck: 14"

Forearm over birthmark: 10.5"

Upper Arm: 13"

Calf : 17"

Mid thigh: 21"

Upper Thigh: 25.5"

Body fat %: 46.12 %


So, my body fat % has gone down 3% and I've lost 6 pounds in just under 2  months. Not very happy with that! I'm glad it's going in the right direction, but those 6 pounds I lost happened all in a 2 week period and right after that I was really sick for a week, and never got motivated to get back to it full force. I just need to figure out how I can make time. Step #1 as I found out the hard way once before, is getting enough sleep so I'm not tired the entire next day. So, I am going to get in a nap right now, Joe is going to get the kids from school at 3, and then I'm going to stay home with them tonight so I can make sure to get my hour elliptical work out in, and my laundry folded. IN THAT ORDER! lol... Also going to do some weight training stuff here. I really need to get a gym membership too. A couple of girls I know suggested that we all get memberships and make time to go, and I cannot wait for that! I'll feel a lot more comfortable going with other people rather than just walking into a new place by myself. Then once I'm comfortable going I'll most likely be more comfortable to go alone.


Either way, I really NEED to kick it in to high gear if I want to make my goal of being under 200 for the New Year. I would be so annoyed if I didn't meet that goal..

That's all for now!! And again, please.. if you have any tips on time management or how to stay  motivated, please pass them on!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment