Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nutritionist Meeting!




My meeting with the nutritionist this morning went great! He was really excited about the fact that I had lost 33 pounds on my own in 6.5 months , and asked how I did it. I told him what I do and what I eat, and he said I am doing everything right!  The one thing he suggested was getting more dairy, because I only rarely have dairy such as a cup of nonfat milk with some protein powder after my workouts. I do occasionally eat yogurt and I like to have eggs a few times a week, but he said I need more. He suggested mixing plain greek yogurt with some Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix, to use to dip my veggies in. I can't wait to try it!!! I love greek yogurt as it is, and who doesn't like ranch!? I have only been using ranch occasionally, and typically have been using low fat italian because I don't like nonfat ranch...so I am excited about this!

He did say that at this point in my weight loss it is completely normal for things to slow down a bit. That has been something that has been bothering me, because I have been at 33 pounds down for all of September so far, even though I've seemingly been doing everything 'right'. I am SO not complaining though, because I am feeling fantastic! I've had so much more energy than I used to, and it feels amazing throwing something on and feeling good in it! I can definitely see my body toning up and changing, and I am beyond excited for what is coming.I looked at my previous posts, and I last posted measurements on August 27th-ish, so I will wait until the end of September to do so again. Most of my pants hardly fit me any more, so I'm excited to see the changes in my  measurements! Even though the scale hasn't changed much this month, I KNOW I have toned up a bit.

Now what my next step is, is keeping an actual food journal. I'm going to write down every single thing I eat, and how much of it. He and I are meeting again in 2 weeks to look it over and discuss what I'm doing.

We also discussed what my goals were.. I told him my very short term goal is to be under 200... because I HATE this number. I hate it. Physically I feel great. If I looked the same as I do now and you told me I weighed 180, I would be REALLY happy with where I'm at, although I'd still keep improving. However just the number 212 really gets to me!! I never dreamed I would be over 200 pounds. I do have to remind myself that it could be much worse, and that I'm heading in the right direction. When I think about it, that's a very exciting thing! Knowing that this number can and will only go down from here and that I'm on the right track.


I told him that my real goal, is to be at about 150, but once I get to that point I'm going to still keep at it and push myself harder and farther physically after that. He said that his goal would be for me to be around 204-205 by the end of the year. I agree that it would feel great to go into the new year 40 pounds lighter than last year, however... I think I can do better than that. I'm going to give it my all and see what I can do!


Joe and I are going to get gym memberships so we can go do more strength training. A few times a week is my goal for now, and we'll definitely be upping it from there. We'll probably be getting the memberships this week or next. The great thing is, the gym is 24/7 too so it works perfect with our busy and ever-changing schedules. I really miss weight training so I am excited to start back up. I am finally confident with myself enough to go to the gym without feeling like I look horrendous. Of course I will still do the elliptical at home, and the WII fit routine. I am thinking about buying a few DVD's too to change things up a bit.  I am SO excited for all of this!!!


It's a lifestyle change all the way around. I just told Joe this morning that working out now is just as 'normal' for me as brushing my teeth. It's just a daily thing I have to do to keep my body and my mind  healthy. I get so down and feel so horrible on days in the past when I didn't work out. It's just what I do now! I mean the occasional skip day once a week or once every week and a half is fine, particularly if it's a really busy day. I am a FAR way from being at the point a lot of people I know are, health and fitness wise....but I'm definitely well on my way! 




This is just the very beginning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment