Tuesday, January 7, 2014

For people asking me for tips... lol








Okay, so the last 2 days we have had "cold" days, like snow days....so the schools and everything have been closed.

Yesterday I worked 11-7, and did NOT do anything as far as fitness, but I am happy to say I have been sticking to my 'eating well' plan pretty darn well I'd say!

I have a good handful of people who have said we should go to the gym together when I do start going. Some of them already go, some of them want to start up. On top of that, I have a handful of people who I find SO inspiring and who, by their actions, prove that it CAN be done. They do it! They eat well, workout a lot, and are fit! I'm on my way!!

I NEED to get my gym membership paid for so I can start going. Seeing as all the schools have been closed, I figured the OCC has been closed too. I mean the gym is still open, but it's doubtful anyone  would be there to sign me up. :(

Aside from that stuff... I have had a few people asking me for food/ eating ideas! Well, although I am fairly confident about what I'm doing I'm definitely not an expert. I have talked to nutritionists a few different times, and done some research myself , but please... anything you hear from me, make sure it sounds right to you before you do it!! lol. I also go by my own tastebuds and likes / dislikes, so I may leave out foods you love, and eat foods you hate.

Basically ... I TRY to base what I do around this 'clean eating' idea, but then again I know it's not fully clean eating so I'd hate to call it that.

** I aim to eat only lean meats, eggs [usually only the whites, but leave yolks in from time to time], nuts, occasional peanut butter or nuts such as cashews, and greek yogurt. But I will definitely eat regular nonfat/lowfat yogurt if that's all that's available at the time, low/nonfat cheese.

* I eat veggies and / or fruit with all meals.

* I will typically have fruit as desert. [sometimes I have sherbet.... :S And hell, sometimes I have chocolate! I consider a small amount of chocolate a necessary part of life. ;)   ]

* I love to make healthy smoothies. My go-to smoothie consists of a handful of blueberries, a large handful of spinach, a banana,  a squirt of flaxseed oil, about 1/4 c hemp seeds, a squirt of lemon juice, about half a cup or so of greek yogurt. I rarely measure things such as that out, that are pretty much ALL healthy, low-cal things.  But....I measure food everyday at my  job so I'm pretty good at guessing the right amounts.

I stick with this smoothie most of the time because I've made other smoothies experimentally that I hated, but I drank them anyway... and this is one that the kids also really like, shockingly enough.

* I do eat a serving of whole grain bread, cereal, crackers,oatmeal, cream of what, or a granola bar once, twice a day max.

* I also drink a TON of water, and green tea. I steer clear of pop & juices. TONS of sugar & empty calories. I will have a cup of coffee a day sometimes... and sometimes I'll have 2. I do have cream & sugar in my coffee...2 tsp of each.


Now, I know I can list little tips like that all day , but it still makes it hard to see exactly what a day looks like for me. So from time to time , I'm going to include what I ate that day in my blog, starting today. I know that stuff can be super boring to read, but it can be easier to get the jist of what I like to try to do.

 If calorie amounts are listed on my foods, I go by those.. otherwise I look them up on myfitnesspal.com.
 
Today so far::

Breakfast:

Coffee: about 50 calories 

1/4c cashews       150

1/2c greek yogurt   140

1 orange     86



Lunch:

2 large eggs::  185

1c onions & green/red peppers:   25

1 tbsp minced garlic:  15

1c spinach:    25

1tbsp crushed red pepper::   15


This picture is what my lunch was. It might not be appealing to some people, but it's my FAVORITE go- to meal!!





So far, that's all I've eaten. 691 calories. Plus I jogged half an hour on the treadmill, 250 calories it said. That leaves me room for dinner, and a snack at some point, and I am 'allowed' to have 1170 calories more according to my fitness pal.com My food goal is 1600, but then working out allows  me to have that many more calories, but I always try to come in as under as possible, without being hungry. If I'm hungry, I definitely eat and don't starve myself.


It's usually the early afternoon [2-4pm-ish] when I start to REALLY crave chocolate or sugar. It's usually at this time I chug chilled green tea, and maybe have a snack. I chalk my hunger / cravings up to the fact that I typically get really tired at this time. So sometimes even a cup of coffee with my cream & sugar works. On a sidenote: I really wish I could find a good replacement for sugar.... any ideas!?!




Anyways... that's about it for now! When I update next, either tonight or tomorrow.. I will include how the rest of the day went. I would like to get in another half hour on the treadmill as well, but we'll see!



[Still loving my hair!! :)   ]





No comments:

Post a Comment