Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/21 Catching Up



This morning after Joe left for work, the kids and I had lunch, then began catching up on our chore list. For lunch they had apples and peanut butter toast, and I had some baby carrots.
We then moved all the furniture in the living room, vacuumed everything, scrubbed any spots on the carpeting that seemed to need it, and washed the living room walls. Which by the way, made me realize how direly we need to paint. These white walls have some areas where the paint is gouged out, and not to mention it just looks boring. If I had the paint, I would have started painting today. I am so excited to get paint on these walls. I didn’t want to paint before moving in like many people do, because I need time to live in a space and figure out what would feel good. What I’m leaning towards is dark dark purple, or dark teal. Then I’m undecided as to whether I’ll paint the wood/ trim white or leave it how it is. Decisions, decisions!

So anyways, yea the kids enjoyed scrubbing the carpeting believe it or not. They enjoyed helping with everything that I’d allow them to help with.  They just might be a bit crazy. Lol.. but I am glad they find joy in doing household chores. Hopefully that’s a trait that I can prolong. We then scrubbed down the couches and recliner, dusted everything, washed the window shades, etc, etc. Basically cleaned the living room top to bottom. I must admit, to this day I do actually still love doing chores myself. I obviously have my days [maybe even weeks……………..] where I just don’t care, but I like making our home look and feel good.
After all that cleaning, we had ‘quiet time’. No electronics, no television, just reading a book, napping or playing quietly. It was nice….. very nice.

Then the kids and I played ‘ kitchen school’ [ lol ] and they made dinner with me. They shucked the corn on the cob, and they each peeled a potato, I cooked the chicken breasts, peeled the majority of the potatoes, and got the water boiling for the corn and mashed potatoes.

They each ate a lot. I had a corn on the cob and a scoop of mashed potatoes. I’m just not feeling hungry today, so I’m not going to force myself to eat.

*That is one thing that people have told me in the past that I must say I disagree with. I’ve been told that even if you’re not hungry, you NEED to eat something. I firmly believe my body will inform me when I’m hungry, and I’ll eat then and only then. Getting into the habit of eating when you’re not hungry, is not a good thing at all as far as I’m concerned. So, that brings today’s food count to:

1 cup of coffee
2 tall glasses of ice water
2 pieces of coconut oil/ peanut butter toast
1/2c of baby carrots
1 corn on the cob
1 scoop mashed potatoes.

I intend to keep it there, seeing as it’s already after 8:00… and I’m not hungry at all.  Now my next goal is to play a couple games with Silvana since I did so with Deslin last night, then get downstairs to the elliptical. I NEED to get my hour in, and do some crunches at least. I’m sure I will be hungry after my work out, but that’s too bad! Sometimes if I’m hungry afterwards though, I’ll have a glass of skim milk, or a piece of peanut butter toast, or even some air popped popcorn. Of course, fruit and veggies are always okay, too. I LOVED finding out that a cup of broccoli has like 40-80ish calories.
 
Sometimes I like to keep track of my calorie count, so that I make sure I don’t overdo it. That’s typically on days when I feel hungrier than normal. But days like today, I don’t find it necessary since I know I’m way below. I try not to go over 1500-1800… but definitely NOT over 2,000. Only on my cheat day which falls on whichever day of the week I decide at the moment. Sometimes it’s a Saturday, sometimes it’s a Wednesday. It really  just depends on what I’m doing that day, where I’m going, who I’m with, and how I’m feeling overall.

All of that being said, I must say I am pretty happy with what I'm seeing in the mirror these days, and how great I feel! Nothing in life can compare. I neeeed to post my picture that inspired me to start all this.. my horribly depressing picture of myself... along with a picture of me now, at 30 pounds down. I'll be doing that within the next couple of days.
 
Alright, well I’m off to play a couple games with the kids, then hit the elliptical. I have some tea brewing, so I’m going to have that over ice to get my energy up. I’m feeling pretty energetic right about now, but that can disappear in a matter of minutes sometimes, lol !  Thanks for reading!! Please feel free to leave comments or questions!


 Deslin & Silvana at the beach yesterday






Helping with dinner today





Deslin's writing practice

 Silvana writing

 Fresh mint from our yard!
[There is TONS more that needs to be picked!]

No comments:

Post a Comment